Adcole Corporation in Marlborough, Massachusetts is seeking a full-time Field Service/Test Engineer.
Job Duties: Test and repair Cylindrical Coordinate Measurement Machines manufactured by Adcole Corporation and serve as a liaison between the US Engineering team and Field Service Engineers located internationally. Specifically,
- Analyze and understand the technical specifications and electronic schematics for a customized product and then run a series of tests to confirm that the product operates in accordance with these specifications.
- Identify non-conformities and variations and then work with the Engineering and Product Development teams to resolve.
- Perform precision mechanical alignments using TESA meter, micrometer, gauge block, scale, and laser or photoelectrical device and conduct SPC analysis.
- Troubleshoot electrical circuit boards and electrical system using multimeter, oscilloscope, signal generator, and special devices such as photoelectric conversion device or designed metrology device and provide failure analysis report.
- Program electrical controller and servo system using GE Fanuc Proficy ME, Siemens HMI, TIA or Visual C++.
- Use Q-Das software to analyze a gage’s Cg or Cgk value and analyze measurement results using Six Sigma methodology.
- Serve as the technical interface between Chinese manufacturing customers and the Engineering department to develop specifications and design metrology products that meet customer’s needs.
- Serve as a liaison between company’s Chinese Field Service Engineers and US Engineering team as issues arise with respect to performance of the product, conformance to specifications and issues of training and maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned including training the Engineering team and US Field Service Engineers in the technical challenges and requirements of company’s Chinese manufacturing customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or Electromechanical Engineering, plus 2 years of working experience.
- The 2-year working experience must include 2 years of:
- performing precision mechanical alignments using TESA meter, micrometer, gauge block, scale, and laser or photoelectrical device;
- using testing software Q-Das to analyze a gage’s Cg or Cgk value; and
- programming electrical controller and servo system using GE Fanuc Proficy ME, Siemens HMI, TIA or Visual C++.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to [email protected] Cite Reference # TE1.